Imdb Code: 1674771
Release date: 2015-06-03
Age restriction: 13
Entourage," the much-anticipated big-screen version of the award-winning hit HBO series, reunites the show's original cast, led by Kevin Connolly, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara and Jeremy Piven. Movie star Vincent Chase (Grenier), together with his boys, Eric (Connolly), Turtle (Ferrara) and Johnny (Dillon), are back.and back in business with super agent-turned-studio head Ari Gold (Piven). Some of their ambitions have changed, but the bond between them remains strong as they navigate the capricious and often cutthroat world of Hollywood.Tweet
Last 50 Comments About Entourage Movie
- Nick Pinkerton / 10, 17 2017 / Village Voice
The standards of all involved are so obviously floorboard-high, there's not much to say after the lights come up other than one of Blaze's "one-liners": "So, that happened."
- A.O. Scott / 10, 02 2017 / New York Times
You could accuse it of glamorizing the shallow hedonism it depicts, but that charge would only stick if the movie had any genuine flair, romance or imagination.
- William Goss / 10, 17 2017 / Film.com
An aggressively mediocre improvement on the first film.
- John DeFore / 10, 17 2017 / Hollywood Reporter
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance nudges its obscure hero's mythology forward a bit without seeming to care much how it gets there.
- Stephanie Merry / 10, 16 2017 / Washington Post
You might think of the movie as a long car trip you've taken many times before. The same old roadside attractions may not be exciting, but when you've got great company, who cares?
- Joe Williams / 10, 16 2017 / St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Kevin Hart hits the vicinity of humor with a few of his drive-by wisecracks, but the movie itself has nothing under the hood.
- James Berardinelli / 10, 03 2017 / ReelViews
There are some amusing moments but, like the TV series, Entourage is more interested in getting chuckles than guffaws. Maybe we should be thankful - at least the comedy isn't embarrassingly over-the-top.
- Alonso Duralde / 10, 02 2017 / TheWrap
Piven's Ari is so over-the-top in his narcissism and megalomania that he's fun to watch, but the other lead characters are the kind of bros who should be having drinks thrown in their faces on a regular basis.
- Kyle Smith / 10, 17 2017 / New York Post
Ordinarily I'd be into the idea of seeing Nicolas Cage's face burn, but alas, "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" is not a documentary.
- David Hiltbrand / 10, 17 2017 / Philadelphia Inquirer
Ride Along is a film so casual in its conception and execution, it should be titled Drive Thru.
- Jessica Herndon / 10, 15 2017 / Associated Press
Joining the ranks of odd-couple police comedies, ''Ride Along'' delivers laughs over action, with loudmouthed funnyman Kevin Hart driving the hilarity.
- Peter Travers / 10, 16 2017 / Rolling Stone
Ride Along [is] a collection of moldy gags that director Tim Story tries to polish.
- Laremy Legel / 10, 16 2017 / Film.com
A forum for Kevin Hart to be the best stand-up comedian he can be.
- Mark Olsen / 10, 03 2017 / Los Angeles Times
The movie has none of the fizz of the earliest of the series' eight seasons, and watching it summons that vague blank familiarity of discovering a show you used to watch is unexpectedly still on the air.
- Andrew Barker / 10, 18 2017 / Variety
Spirit of Vengeance is weighted down for long stretches in the middle, as it starts to treat its own religious hokum plotline with undue seriousness.
- Christy Lemire / 10, 10 2017 / ChristyLemire.com
These guys learn nothing, they don't change, they have no arc and they are never truly challenged.
- Richard Corliss / 10, 16 2017 / TIME Magazine
This is a movie you keep watching only from lethargy.
- Linda Barnard / 10, 17 2017 / Toronto Star
Shot in Romania and Turkey, the scenery is terrific and gives you something to watch other than this confusing mess. Johnny Blaze, you're just a candle in the wind, mate.
- Bilge Ebiri / 10, 04 2017 / New York Magazine/Vulture
It's a bro-mage to itself.
- Joe Morgenstern / 10, 16 2017 / Wall Street Journal
Gives shoddiness a bad name.
- Richard Roeper / 10, 02 2017 / Chicago Sun-Times
It's like catching up with an old friend and remembering why you don't hang out with him anymore: He's stuck in a rut and he has nothing new to say.
- Stephen Whitty / 10, 14 2017 / Newark Star-Ledger
For 100 minutes, I didn't think about anything else at all. And sometimes that small relief is the best thing a movie can give.
- Steven Rea / 10, 03 2017 / Philadelphia Inquirer
Let sleeping bros lie.
- Bill Goodykoontz / 10, 02 2017 / Arizona Republic
The big-screen version of Entourage is constructed like the series, another chapter in a sequel-ready story. If you wanted something more, you won't get it. But you will get this, and if it does well, likely more of it.
- Elizabeth Weitzman / 10, 16 2017 / New York Daily News
If you're looking for brainless action, hop in. But if you're aiming any higher, you'll probably want to find another ride.
- Soren Anderson / 10, 02 2017 / Seattle Times
It's merely a continuation and not an expansion of what has gone before.
- Sandy Cohen / 10, 02 2017 / Associated Press
All the familiar characters are there, along with ostentatious mansions, convertible Ferraris, Los Angeles landmarks and those topless women. It's a celebration of idealized consumption, presented without criticism.
- Adam Graham / 10, 03 2017 / Detroit News
You may not have missed them, but Vinnie, E, Turtle and Drama are back, as empty and self-centered as ever, in the aimless, vapid Entourage movie.
- Ignatiy Vishnevetsky / 10, 16 2017 / AV Club
Is any of it funny? Hart and Cube's deliveries certainly are, but skilled comedians can make people laugh without being all that funny, especially if there's a large audience involved.
- Mark Olsen / 10, 17 2017 / Los Angeles Times
Like a laboratory experiment on how often a movie can spin from bad to good and back again.
- Peter Travers / 10, 04 2017 / Rolling Stone
Was there a crying need for a film version of Entourage? Hardly. But the movie is still a tribute to Piven's iconic performance as Ari Gold, a devil you can love.
- Kyle Smith / 10, 15 2017 / New York Post
There's nothing much funny in it at all.
- Joe Morgenstern / 10, 03 2017 / Wall Street Journal
The jaunty style of a hit TV series has been replaced by huge spasms of false energy and a sense of barely concealed flop sweat.
- Mick LaSalle / 10, 04 2017 / San Francisco Chronicle
The most truthful answer is friendly but unexciting: They're OK. They're pretty good.
- Michael Phillips / 10, 16 2017 / Chicago Tribune
It'll probably be a hit: Audiences are getting precisely what they're promised.
- Linda Barnard / 10, 02 2017 / Toronto Star
To Ellin's credit, Entourage looks good and has liberal amounts of flash. But it is a fly trapped in amber, celebrating excess and male privilege in a sexist way that feels very old and decidedly out of step with the 2015 world.
- Nigel Floyd / 10, 17 2017 / Time Out
Supernatural fantasy movies often work best when the film-maker's tongue is planted firmly in the cheek.
- Joe Neumaier / 10, 02 2017 / New York Daily News
Entourage plays like a solid, if slightly too long, episode. But even given the bloat, the cast's easy camaraderie and a "play it as it lays" atmosphere wins you over.
- Michael Phillips / 10, 02 2017 / Chicago Tribune
Devoted fans of the HBO series (2004-2011) will find it passably engaging, and newcomers will likely stare at the inside-Hollywood tropes and panic attacks the way Nipper the RCA dog stared at the Victrola.
- Christy Lemire / 10, 20 2017 / ChristyLemire.com
Ride Along has the dubious distinction of being simultaneously shoddy and straining, lazy and desperate.
- Andrew O'Hehir / 10, 02 2017 / Salon.com
Did this overstuffed quality of "Entourage," its KFC Double Down too-much-is-not-enough-ness, ultimately work on me? Absolutely not.
- Chris Nashawaty / 10, 02 2017 / Entertainment Weekly
The film's twitchy ADHD pacing hardly matters since we're in such good company.
- Bruce Demara / 10, 16 2017 / Toronto Star
It's a noisy ride to nowhere.
- Rafer Guzman / 10, 17 2017 / Newsday
That mix of admirable restraint and unabashed pandering makes Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance a guilty pleasure, if not the most wholesome treat.
- Michael Sragow / 10, 16 2017 / Orange County Register
It's a particularly heartless, mindless and soulless example of the buddy movie - really more just a frenemy burlesque of a buddy movie.
- Ben Sachs / 10, 23 2017 / Chicago Reader
This routine buddy picture offers plenty of instant gratification (Cube and Hart are easygoing screen presences, and many of their one-liners are funny) but shows little concern for characterization, storytelling, or even comic pacing.
- Adam Graham / 10, 17 2017 / Detroit News
[Most] of the movie is a wash of buddy cop cliches and double crosses that aren't worth the cocktail napkin they were jotted on.
- A.A. Dowd / 10, 02 2017 / AV Club
Like its pay-cable inspiration, Entourage remains stubbornly, defiantly low-stakes.
- Sheri Linden / 10, 02 2017 / Hollywood Reporter
From its look to its episodic rhythm, the movie plays like a compressed Season 9 - a season that has its moments but wouldn't rank among the show's finest.
- John Semley / 10, 02 2017 / Globe and Mail
These characters represent the most repellant cliches of male friendship, where guys can only relate to each other through a discourse of casual misogyny and female conquest.